Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Thank God for blue eyeballs

Georgia is a fairly traditional and sexist society. Young women are meant to be looked at, married women are meant to be child bearers and housekeepers. I am not sure what old women do around here. I think sell cucumbers and tomatoes on the streetside. Anyways, having blue eyes and being young, or at least young looking, I managed a two hour meeting on anti-trafficking initiatives in Georgia. Apparently, there really are none. Or very little. But it took two hours for a dude to explain all this to me. An additional smile got me an invitation to an anti-trafficking training for police officers.

Oh thank you, blue eyeballs! (Ok, maybe my brain has something to with this as well, but I think the blue eyeballs have come in very handy.)

1 comment:

Katie Burke said...

LOVE this post and love your blog. I have linked it to mine. I have brains and blue eyes as well, and I know what you mean ... both are equally powerful! Keep it going, sister.